A baccarat crystal chandelier is a luxurious addition that radiates impeccable brilliance and elegance in every way you look at it. The crystal glass makes it quite an appealing choice, almost like getting a diamond chandelier in your house. However, it can be equally challenging to retain the pristine glow of the glasses. This guide will help you learn about the best ways to keep your baccarat crystal chandelier clean and shiny for years to come.
Primary Method – Washing By Hands
First, you will need warm water, and the cleaning products that you utilize should be non-abrasive. You can use a dishwasher to clean the parts, but it is better to clean a baccarat crystal chandelier by hand. If you can get a liquid dishwashing soap, it is even better.
- If you’re looking for regular cleaning, just rinse and wash the parts, or even use a soft cloth or sponge. A microfiber cloth is perfect for the job.
- If you’re using a washing agent, make sure to use a soft sponge to spread it evenly.
- Is there a misting on any part? If so, you might want to use coarse salt and spirit vinegar to get rid of it.
- Try to use mineral water over the regular tap water.
Remember that if you have a large chandelier, you will need a professional. Baccarat crystal chandelier often requires you to take it apart and clean every part individually. It can be delicate and prone to shocks.
If you have a medium-sized chandelier, make sure to dust it regularly or weekly. Cleaning once a year, or every three to six months would be a great idea. Spirit or alcohol cleaning agents are best for baccarat crystals. So, use them.
Short Cut Method – The Dishwasher
The parts of a baccarat crystal chandelier can be very delicate that a dishwasher might not be a great idea. It is always better to hire a professional or use hands. However, if you’re going to use a dishwasher, you are at your risk. Here is how you can reduce the potential for the damage, among other things:
- Set the dishwater to a delicate cycle wash. Baccarat crystals should have forty degrees as the maximum temperature. Anything more than that can dull the crystal.
- Ensure to wash the parts individually or separately not to cause them to hit each other or receive damage from shock.
- Make sure to use the gentle care dishwater tablet. It is one of the best options for cleaning anything related to baccarat in a dishwasher or even by hand.
Final Process – Drying
Of course, you can’t leave the water to dry itself as it might cause marks. You will have to use a soft lint cloth. However, water-absorbing paper is among the best choice. You can put it around the glass and let it absorb water. A towel under the baccarat crystal chandelier’s parts would help absorb the water faster. You can even wipe the absorbent paper. After that, you can use a clean and soft cloth to wipe everything off and make them good as new.